From: Wayn0 <wayn0.ml@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qemu video driver
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:11:37
1 pat wrote:
2 > On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 16:30:50 +0200, Wayn0 wrote
3 >> pat wrote:
4 >>> Hello,
5 >>>
6 >>> I'm playing with qemu on windows and I've installed Gentoo into it. Now I want
7 >>> to setup X.org, but have no idea which video driver should I use. Can someone
8 >>> help?
9 >>>
10 >>> Thanks a lot
11 >>>
12 >>> Pat
13 >> The vesa driver should work.
14 >>
15 >> --
16 >> Wayno
17 >
18 > I've tried but without success :-( The generated config and log file are
19 > included. I've googled but without success too ... .
20 >
21 > Thanks a lot
22 >
23 > Pat
26 from the qemu doc,
27
28 3.11.1 Linux
29
30 To have access to SVGA graphic modes under X11, use the vesa or the
31 cirrus X11 driver. For optimal performances, use 16 bit color depth in
32 the guest and the host OS.
33
34 When using a 2.6 guest Linux kernel, you should add the option clock=pit
35 on the kernel command line because the 2.6 Linux kernels make very
36 strict real time clock checks by default that QEMU cannot simulate exactly.
37
38 When using a 2.6 guest Linux kernel, verify that the 4G/4G patch is not
39 activated because QEMU is slower with this patch. The QEMU Accelerator
40 Module is also much slower in this case. Earlier Fedora Core 3 Linux
41 kernel (< 2.6.9-1.724_FC3) were known to incorporte this patch by
42 default. Newer kernels don't have it.
45 Like another poster said try setting resoltions in the xorg file.
46 hth
49 Wayn0
50 --
51 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list