From: alain.didierjean@××××.fr
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fed up with Xorg + hal mess [SOLVED]
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 09:19:47
1 Selon Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>:
2
3 > On Wednesday 07 October 2009 06:34:06 alain.didierjean@××××.fr wrote:
4 > > Thanks all for the help. Finally the problem was solved by re-compiling all
5 > > X11 drivers used, and most notably xf86-input-keyboard & xf86-input-mouse.
6 > > I still think that any package update that breaks a working config without
7 > > any specific doc IS A BUG. That just happened for the scond time.
10 > Any human operator who does a large upgrade such as this and does not read
11 > the
12 > posted notice about it has a bug in his head. If you had fixed that bug, the
13 > one on your computer would have been solved.
16 Thanks for this useful answer, Mr. alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com. I
17 certainly have a bug in my head, but I wouldn't like to have to smell what's in
18 yours.
19 I have the weird habit to trust portage, as it works great 99.9% of the time (is
20 that a bug ?). I usually don't read elogs as I usually don't need it.
21 Xorg-1.6 needs a rebuilt of all used X11 drivers, up-to-date or not. Not
22 including this re-emerging in the ebuilt leads to a working config being broken.
23 I call that a BUG, specifically when it happens for the second time.
24 Have a sweet day, Mr alan dot mckinnon.
27 ~adj~