From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ncurses is gone
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 11:02:57
1 on Tuesday 07/07/2009 Alan E. Davis(lngndvs@×××××.com) wrote
2 > On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 8:15 PM, Neil Bothwick<neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > It doesn't matter. Once you have chrooted you are using software
5 > > installed in the chroot.
6 > >
7 > > However, it may not be possible to use revdep-rebuild without ncurses, in
8 > > which case you need some kind soul with a similar setup to provide you
9 > > with a binary package of ncurses, which you can unpack into your root
10 > > directory.
13 > This is exactly what happened. I used the systemrescuecd, chrooted,
14 > and, lo and behold, the same error message was coming up. What I
15 > might be able to do is symlink to libncursesw ? Don't know whether
16 > it's even on the system.
17 >
18 > On the other hand, with a binary ncurses, I could see that might work.
19 > Is there a binary repo? (Back to sabayon?). I suppose I need to
20 > know the exact version. Does it matter which use flags it was
21 > compiled with?
22
23 I wonder if you say -C and -P would it still use ncurses since you
24 are turning off color and progress indications?
27 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
28 How do
29 you spend it?
30
31 John Covici