From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wrong SHA512 checksum for 20160630 amd64 minimal installation medium
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 14:07:18
1 > On 5 Jul 2016, at 12:57, Marvin Gülker <m-guelker@×××××××××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > Are the amd64 images all
4 > corrupt, and thus should not be used for installation? If so, they
5 > should not be linked to on the main download site.
6
7 This doesn't address the wider implications of this dodgy checksums, but I think most people on this list install using SystemRescueCD.
8
9 It's basically the same as Gentoo's install CDs, but with some minor extra features (although I can't remember what they are) which make it a bit better.
10
11 The problems you describe certainly should be fixed, but if you want to get on with installing Gentoo today, it's SystemRescueCD I'd use.
12
13 Stroller.