From: Rumen Yotov <rumen_yotov@×××.bg>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unrecognized hard drive
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:47:06
1 On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:41:58 +0200
2 creber <creber@××××.fr> wrote:
5 > Hi,
6 >
7 > I'm trying to install Gentoo 2005.1 universal on a Toshiba M40-244
8 > laptop. Unfortunatly, I can't see my hard drive (/dev/hda) after
9 > booting with the CD.
10 >
11 > During the boot, I've got the folowing message :
12 > Sep 26 13:18:47 livecd ide0: I/O ressource 0x1F0-0x1F7 not free.
13 > Sep 26 13:18:47 livecd ide0: ports already in use, skipping probe
14 >
15 > Then, according from /proc/ioports :
16 > ...
17 > 00f0-00ff : fpu
18 > 0170-0177 : ide1
19 > 01f0-01f7 : libata <- Arg :/
20 > 0376-0376 : ide1
23 > Does anyone have an idea to avoid the error ?
26 > When I boot from other livecd (like System Rescue CD), there is no
27 > problem.
28 >
29 > My hard drive has been partioned :
30 > hda1 : ntfs primary bootable
31 > hda2 : fat32 primary
32 > hda5 : ext3 logical (/boot)
33 > hda6 : ext3 logical (/home)
34 > hda7 : ext3 logical (/)
35 > hda8 : swap logical
36 >
37 > And I can't have any Internet connection during the install.
38 >
39 > Thanks !
42 Hi,
43 Not of much help but can read about possible boot flags and try some
44 of them, which have something common with harddisks (is your disk a
45 IDE/SATA?). Same for your netcard. Check install docs carefully.
46 Maybe your have another device on the disks' standard IRQ/address,
47 check also BIOS settings. Google for your laptop+model and gentoo.
48 HTH.Rumen