From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] warning (different signature type) when doing ssh
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 22:38:39
1 On Monday, 25 June 2018 22:40:48 BST allan gottlieb wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jun 25 2018, Mick wrote:
3 > > On Monday, 25 June 2018 10:19:07 BST Marc Joliet wrote:
4 > >> Am Montag, 25. Juni 2018, 03:10:57 CEST schrieb allan gottlieb:
5 > >> > I have two laptops call them A and B both running gentoo.
6 > >> > I recently did on each an emerge --sync after a long absence.
7 > >> >
8 > >> > The large emerge --update @world's finally finished on each machine.
9 > >> > One
10 > >> > new behavior is that
11 > >> >
12 > >> > If I use the console to log into A and then ssh to B, I get
13 > >> >
14 > >> > warning: agent returned different signature type ssh-rsa (expected
15 > >> > rsa-sha2-512)
16 > >> >
17 > >> > If I use the console to log into B and then ssh to A,
18 > >> > I get the same warning.
19 > >> >
20 > >> > I see no ill effects.
21 > >> >
22 > >> > Need I take any action?
23 > >> >
24 > >> > thanks in advance,
25 > >> > allan
26 > >>
27 > >> I saw the same, but it was temporary. I use gpg-agent instead of
28 > >> ssh-agent, so I assumed it had to do with that, and then the warning
29 > >> disappeared after upgrading gnupg, but perhaps that was just a
30 > >> coincidence?
31 > >
32 > > This warning message is generated when you are using gpg-agent as
33 > > ssh-agent
34 > > and there is a mismatch on the ciphers between the two - i.e. when
35 > > gpg-agent can't/won't use the ciphers expected by sshd.
36 > >
37 > > Do you get the same warning when you exclude the agent from the equation?
38 > >
39 > > ssh -a -i $HOME/.ssh/Your_SSH_Key user@host
40 >
41 > Yes, thanks.
42 > allan
43 >
44 > gottlieb@E7450 /local/allan/gottlieb $ ssh -a -i $HOME/.ssh/id_rsa E6430
45 > warning: agent returned different signature type ssh-rsa (expected
46 > rsa-sha2-512) You have new mail in folder /var/mail/gottlieb.
47
48 When you kill the agent on the local PC and try to connect, I assume you no
49 longer receive the same warning?
52 Regards,
53 Mick