From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] EMERGENCY - GCC GONE!
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 23:47:40
1 On 5/31/06, Lord Sauron <lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > there, and other things. To me it looks like Python is totally
3 > broken. It keeps asking for libstdc++.so.6, which apparently no
4 > longer exists.
5
6 Yes, on Gentoo unmerging gcc will break all programs that depend on
7 libstdc++.so. You should have done a "revdep-rebuild
8 --library=libstdc++.so.6" after running gcc-config to select the
9 version of gcc on your system.
10
11 At this point, if you have some version of gcc installed, try to run
12 gcc-config to select the remaining gcc version. If that doesn't work,
13 and you used FEATURES=quickpkg, you can just untar the binary package
14 of gcc-3.4.5-r1.
15
16 Otherwise I think you will have to resort to copying stuff from the
17 livecd, or restoring from a backup.
18
19 -Richard
20 --