From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg.conf (HDMI vs DVI-D)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 16:04:56
1 On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 11:31, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 8:18 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >> Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo <at> gmail.com> writes:
7 >>> I just looked at the manual for this TV online and it looks like it
8 >>> has "Just Scan" mode which could potentially show you the original
9 >>> image by pressing the P.SIZE button on the remote control. So you
10 >>> might want to try again to see if this option does what you need. :)
13 >> THANKS, never tried that button. It does not permanently set though...
14 >>
15 >> the default is 16:9 (which should work), 'wide fit',
16 >> then 4:3, then 'just scan'.
17 >>
18 >> 'just scan' does the trick.
19 >>  It does not permanently set though...
20 >>
21 >> What's the link to the manual...?
22 >> I never could find it.
23 >
24 > http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200911/20091103184905109/BN59-00785F-02Eng.pdf
27 Accourding to the manual, it is possible to change the input source name.
28
29 I would advice the OP to try again what I suggested, I have a very
30 similar Samsung TV/Monitor, and using DVI and VGA works perfectly with
31 the computer, but I started using an HDMI cable, and the image would
32 distort, all borders would be missing, till I change the name of the
33 HDMI2 (the one I'm using) to "PC". Voila, everything to the right
34 place.
35
36 That's not written at the manual (neither yours, not the one for my
37 TV), I learned it using a forum for HTPC owners.
40 Daniel da Veiga