From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Help, please! I've hosed my gcc.
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 21:50:20
1 Hi, Gentoo.
2
3 My gcc now fails to work.
4
5 I upgraded it earlier on (I think) after doing an emerge --sync. I
6 can't remember the before/after versions, or even whether I've got both
7 of them.
8
9 lipgmp has a lot to do with my problem. After my last emerge -uND
10 world, I think libgmp was upgraded. At any rate the messages on the
11 screen directed me to
12
13 revdep-rebuild --library /usr/libt64/libgmp.so.3
14
15 , which I did. They then informed me I could safely delete libgmp.so.3,
16 which I also did. :-(
17
18 Now, when I attempt gcc on the command line, I get the error:
19
20 /usr/libexec/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/cc1: error while loading
21 shared libraries: libgmp.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No
22 such file or directory
23
24 . So, is there an easy way for me to recover a working gcc, or do I
25 have to do something desperate, like reinstalling Gentoo? :-(
26
27 Help will be most appreciated.
30 Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).