From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: facu.curti@×××××.com
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fwd: How about the gentoo server or cluster in production environment?
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 13:37:28
1 On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 14:53:22 -0300
2 Facundo Curti <facu.curti@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Debian, and Ubuntu are desktop platforms. Yes they are widely used
6 > > in production server environments (the slow
7 > > ones that is) however, our last experience with Debian squeeze as a
8 > > whole (ie, source tree, reliability, performance),
9 > > was inhospitable. Dare I say, it was making as nauseated as we
10 > > would be behind a Windows machine...
13 > Really? Debian is a desktop distro? Gentoo it is also, as ALMOST every
14 > distro...
15
16 Gentoo is a meta distro; because of that, you can make it whatever you
17 want to be nearly unlimited (other than by available manpower). :)
20 With kind regards,
21
22 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
23 Gentoo Developer
24
25 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
26 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
27 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D