From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] install problems
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2020 11:32:30
1 Hi Jude,
2
3 On Friday, 2 October 2020 12:21:06 BST Jude DaShiell wrote:
4 > I made another mistake and need to find the exit.
5 > I did emerge sys-libs/timezone-data which downloaded that package and
6 > dependencies and then errored out badly when trying to build the packages.
7 > The native in COMMON_FLAGS in /etc/portage/make.conf was not recognized by
8 > what I downloaded and that emanated several more errors.
9 > Will it be possible to wipe out the last emerge effects on the system?
10
11 If an emerge did not complete successfully and came up with an error, then it
12 would not have installed anything on your system. Whatever emerge built may
13 have been left under /var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/timezone-data, unless 'fail-
14 clean' is not specified in your FEATURES.
15
16 emerge --info | grep fail-clean
17
18 will show if it is set or not.