From: Hung Dang <hungptit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM HDD problem
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 19:14:37
1 Mike Kazantsev wrote:
2 > On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:01:04 -0600
3 > Hung Dang <hungptit@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >> Hi all,
7 >> We have some hard drives on our server and one of them seem to have
8 >> problem. I wonder how can I check and fix the error from a specific hard
9 >> drive?
12 > Try using smartctl (sys-apps/smartmontools), it can usually show at
13 > once that there's something wrong with the drive (-H flag). And if it
14 > doesn't, you can use it to perform SMART-tests (-t flag) to make sure
15 > that drive is ok.
19 Hi Mike,
20 Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I use smartctl to check hard drives
21 now and it is very handy.
22
23 Hung