From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Using an odd number of drives in ZFS RaidZ
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2021 17:22:05
1 Am Thu, Jul 01, 2021 at 04:07:39PM +0100 schrieb antlists:
2 > On 01/07/2021 00:31, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
3 > > Antlist made a similar suggestion using external USB, and I gave a more
4 > > detailed answer in reply to his mail.
5 >
6 > I've got this ...
7 >
8 > https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072J52TR1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
9 >
10 > It's eSATA not USB.
11
12 Which is very similar in function to the one I have, only mine is for
13 installation in a 5¼″ case slot. When I bought it years ago I was thing
14 about a desktop dock like yours, because that can also be used with my
15 laptop. But I found it neater to install it cleanly into my PC case. :-)
18 > It's worked fine for me, but no I haven;t used it much - I shall probably be
19 > using it a bit very soon as I finish building my new system...
20
21 When I was reading up on the differences between SAS and SATA (because some
22 enclosures and cases use a SAS backplane), one of the items was multipath
23 support: SAS can address several drives, SATA only one. So eSATA is limited
24 to a single drive per cable.
27 Grüße | Greetings | Qapla’
28 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
29
30 Arrogance is the art of being proud of one’s own stupidity.