From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] dev-python sub-categories?
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 17:43:41
1 Hello,
4 So /usr/portage/dev-python is around 1500 packages. Is it time to
5 create some new categories to reduce this size, or is it ok, in the
6 "gentoo-way" for everything /python/ to be lumped into dev-python/?
9 We do not organize things around 'C' like that, so since python is
10 ubiquitous in linux now, does it make since to treat /python/ differently
11 that we do bash or C ?
14 Or am I miss reading this portage tree organizational wisdom? I understand it
15 and agree with it for one-off languages, but surely python has passed that
16 point?
19 curiously,
20 James