From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gru2-mkconfig tries to read the extended partition ??
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 23:03:36
1 On Wed, Jul 22 2015, gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
2
3 > My new installation is running well, in particular it boots fine.
4 > However the grub2-mkconfig seems odd.
5 >
6 > It finds linux (all kernels) and the stub windows partition. But then I
7 > get messages that both ext4-fs and FAT-fs have trouble with /dev/sda4,
8 > which is the extended partition. Perhaps the fact that the windows
9 > partitions sda[23] don't really have windows on them yet is part of the
10 > answer??
11 >
12 > Has anyone else seen something like this?
13 >
14 > thanks,
15 > allan
16
17 Perhaps I should clarify. If i run grub2-mkconfig from and X window or
18 remotely, I do not *see* the error msgs. Same if run via ssh. Only
19 when I run it on one of the linux virtual terminals do I see it.
20 It has the appearance of coming from systemd itself.
21
22 allan