From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Legacy GRUB vs GRUB2
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 01:04:08
1 On 06/22/2010 12:29 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2
3 > And what have mobos to do with the fact that whenever GNU lay their dirty
4 > hands on a project they will not rest until they turned something decent and
5 > useful into an overly complex, drowned in obscure options and hard to
6 > configure mess?
7
8 I can't possibly argue with you because I agree with you. Like Bill just said:
9 I feel your pain -- every time I run into a problem with autotools -- or even
10 when I read a HOWTO about using autotools.
11
12 Just a day or two ago I compiled a package (naturally I can't remember which
13 package) that specifically required a build framework *other than* autotools.
14
15 I got up out of my chair and shouted "YES!" (I was alone and I couldn't share
16 my joy with anyone, so thanks for giving me this opportunity :)