From: frares@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] Running a USB graphics cards with Linux?
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:20:19
1 Em , Kilian Zott <kilian@××××××××.de> escreveu:
2 > thats a strange comparison since usb is a serial busvga is not even
3 > digital, so how can you talk about throughput? lol
6 > 2012/7/16 Michael Mol mikemol@×××××.com>
7
8 > On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 6:54 PM, Sebastian Pipping sping@g.o>
9 > wrote:
10
11 > > Hi there,
14 > > On 02/15/2012 09:14 PM, gk wrote:
15 > >> Hallo
16 > >> I used one some time ago, and it worked but very slow.
17 > >> The label only says made in China.
18 > >> lsusb output is:
19 > >> Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0711:0900 Magic Control Technology Corp. SVGA
20 > Adapter
21 > >> The Kernel module which is loaded is:
22 > >> sisusbvga
23 > >> If your interested in the dongle and you live somewhere around
24 > Germany, I can
25 > >> send it to you, because I don't need it anymore.
26 > >
27 > > I'm afraid if it's slow I do not have much real use for it. Many thanks
28 > > for the offer, though! And sorry for the ages that it took to reply.
32 > Unfortunately, you're probably not going to find anything for USB
33 > which _isn't_ slow. USB is a very slow bus when compared to HDMI, DVI
34 > or VGA.
35
36 > --
37
38 > :wq
43 Well, thinkig a bit, even on a non digital interface, as you have those
44 vertical and horizontal frequencies for each video mode, I guess one can
45 talk like "pixels per second" using some math on those numbers.
46
47 Francisco