From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel Modules
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 20:12:38
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 06/10/2011 10:08 PM, Dale wrote:
3 >> Paul Hartman wrote:
4 >>> See Pandu's latest message in this thread. Once you enable it like he
5 >>> showed, it'll work like this:
6 >>>
7 >>> # eselect<pressed tab twice here>
8 >>> bashcomp boost ctags fontconfig java-vm
9 >>> locale news pager python usage
10 >>> visual
11 >>> binutils --brief editor help kernel
12 >>> mesa --no-colour pinentry rc
13 >>> version wxwidgets
14 >>> blas cblas env java-nsplugin lapack
15 >>> modules opengl profile ruby vi
16 >>> xvmc
17 >>>
18 >>
19 >> Oh. Ohhhhh!!! NEATO. Now to remember I can do this the next time I can't
20 >> remember the name of a module. lol
21 >>
22 >> Double neato ! It works after each option too.
23 >
24 > Well, it's called bash completion and works pretty much for everything
25 > that has a completion file. It needs "app-shells/bash-completion" to
26 > be installed. There's a also global USE flag called bash-completion.
27 >
28 > And also an eselect module called bashcomp, where you can enable this
29 > feature for specific tools and packages. "eselect bashcomp list"
30 > shows the packages that support this. For example, try "ls
31 > --<tab><tab>" and you get a list options. Or gcc, or unrar, or...
34 This is one of those, 'I have heard of this but didn't know what is was'
35 things. I did set the USE flag and updated the needed things, -N and
36 all, but this is pretty darn cool.
37
38 I notice a really long list of things when I do this:
39
40 eselect bashcomp list
41
42 Is there a way to just enable them all? Is there some that should NOT
43 be enabled, maybe for good reason?
44
45 Thanks.
46