From: Nicol TAO <nicol_tao@×××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: 回复:Re: [gentoo-user] How to poweroff the system from user?
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 10:12:25
1 just security problem. server should not be that easy to be interrupted!
4 在2015年03月23日 17:46,Peter Humphrey 写道:
5 On Sunday 22 March 2015 14:36:36 Jc García wrote:
6 > 2015-03-22 4:30 GMT-06:00 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>:
7 > > On Saturday 21 March 2015 16:20:17 Jc García wrote:
8 > >> > Interesting. But as I said ealier, I can reboot the system when I am
9 > >> > a
10 > >> > user by Ctrl+Alt+Delete. The user can reboot the system, but can't
11 > >> > shut
12 > >> > down? Strange
13 > >>
14 > >> It's not strange, `man 2 reboot`. It's a defined behavior.
15 > >
16 > > I'm with German here. Being designed that way doesn't stop it being
17 > > strange.
18 > I see it as a last resource available for rebooting under any
19 > circumstances( Similar to what you can do with Sysrq).
20 >
21 > > Consider: I'm an ordinary user sitting at a terminal. I'm not allowed to
22 > > halt the machine, but I am allowed to reboot it into perhaps some quite
23 > > other configuration. Or I can keep rebooting it over and again,
24 > > effectively preventing the machine from doing its job. How does that
25 > > make sense?
26 > It doesn't and that's why it's configurable, if you are in a high
27 > security requiring environment, you disable it.
28
29 The consensus seems to be that there's no point in trying to prevent a user
30 from rebooting the machine, and I'm happy to go along with that.
31
32 The remaining question is: why is the user not allowed to halt it?
35 Rgds
36 Peter.