From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nsapass - alternative to keepassxc (and others)
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 20:06:28
1 On 7/18/20 1:03 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 12:51 PM Caveman Al Toraboran
3 > <toraboracaveman@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> it's just an encrypted json file. you
6 >> can decrypt it by `scrypt dec path/to/db.enc` to
7 >> see how stupidly simple it is.
8 >
9 > I have to say that this entire thread is a great example of Poe's Law
10 > in action...
13 Poe's law is not a law, but conjecture, at best.
14 Poe's Law is Oxymoronic......
15
16 I'll bet Poe's conjecture, will not survive a few generations.
17 Scriptures, are recognized by billions of of folks, as authentic,
18 regardless of compliance, for thousands of years. Poe is a joke; ymmv.
19
20 <snip>
23 Back to the subject: encryption:
24
25 https://www.realrandom.co/wp/
26
27 Real Random, is true, random encryption, that the Feds cannot
28 compromise, unless the origination/generation is itself corrupt. D.
29 Ritchie wrote an abstract about C and the kernel being compressible,
30 from the beginning.
33 https://www.realrandom.co/wp/
34
35 If you really, really want to secure those communications channels. It
36 works with most every system, tested so far.
37
38 peace my friends,
39 James