From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lightdm - keeps looping
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2021 12:15:49
1 On Tuesday, 9 February 2021 02:23:26 GMT thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > On 2/8/21 7:01 PM, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 > > On 2/8/21 6:59 PM, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
4 > >> The slim is no longer maintain, so I tried "lightdm" but when I try to
5 > >> login, it keeps looping, I'm back into login screen. I can post a
6 > >> log-file but it is long.
7 > >>
8 > >> Any suggestion.
9
10 Have a look at the wiki page, the Troubleshooting section. It mentions a
11 networkmanager conflict if hostname is set.
14 > > I forgot to mention the error:
15 > > cat .xsession-errors
16 > >
17 > > /etc/X11/Sessions/Xsession: line 106: exec: xsm: not found
18 >
19 > emerging xsm start something but not my xfce4.
20 > Gentoo wiki does not mention anything how to start xfce4 with lightdm
21
22 I don't know what this "something" is your lightdm starts, because I am not
23 seated in front of your monitor. I haven't used lightdm for a while now, but
24 there is a line where you set your preferred 'user-session' in /etc/lightdm/
25 lightdm.conf. Have you done this?