From: Mark Kirkwood <markir@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] BIG reiserfs problem
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 11:46:31
1 Dale wrote:
4 > If you use XFS, make sure you have good power. XFS does not like power
5 > failures at all. I have had to reinstall on a second rig because of
6 > this very problem. If you have a UPS, that may be OK.
9 Interesting - I'm running an xfs system that has been through several
10 power failures without problems - could have more to do with the
11 specifics of ones harddrives than the type of file system (e.g. ATA/IDE
12 write caching being the most common reason for power loss corruption,
13 and some types seem more susceptible than others).
14
15 Cheers
16
17 Mark