From: capsel <capsel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /usr and /home to another partition
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 09:44:55
1 I tryed to do links to directories on other partition on my
2 experimental server with SELinux. It had some problems with labeling
3 filesystem.
4 Is it possible to solve this issue?
5
6 2005/10/7, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
7 > On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 09:07:41 +0800, W.Kenworthy wrote:
8 >
9 > > If you want to move directories, avoid wholesale symlinking like this as
10 > > it always ends in tears ...
11 >
12 > If you want two directories on the same partition, I prefer to mount them
13 > with --bind. I do this to have /usr, /var and /opt on a single
14 > partition, separate from/. /usr is mounted on the partition itself, which
15 > contains var and opt directories, which are mounted with the following
16 > fstab lines.
17 >
18 > /usr/var /var auto bind 0 0
19 > /usr/opt /opt auto bind 0 0
22 > --
23 > Neil Bothwick
24 >
25 > Headline: "Explosion At Sperm Bank, Nurses Overcome"
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list