From: Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: rhythmbox plays silently
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 05:57:48
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Monday 31 March 2008, Michael Schmarck wrote:
4 >> So you found his post unhelpful,
5 >>
6 >> You disagree? You think that he was helpful with his KDE comment?
7 >
8 > I would be very surprised if he thought it was helpful. It wasn't
9 > written to be helpful. It was written to provoke a giggle, or perhaps
10 > nothing at all.
11
12 You for sure provoked /something/, didn't you? :)
13
14 > Your reaction was completely unexpected though and quite funny.
15
16 Glad to hear that.
17
18 > You are
19 > getting so uptight about this, and appear so offended by it all, and so
20
21 Actually I'm not at all offended by it. If people just wouldn't
22 bother about this issue anymore, I'd be happy.
23
24 > sure of your own rightness,
25
26 Well. Yes. I posted a harmless question with the needed amount
27 of details. And I responded in an appropriate way to your post
28 in this subthread.
29
30 I certainly do think, that it's not just my fault. To a degree,
31 it is, yes. But not completely.
32
33 > and so utterly unable to respond to a
34 > single one of my posts where I say clearly what I intended, that you
35 > have set yourself up for a right royal piss-take. So here goes:
36 >
37 > Michael, I know this dude who's selling senses of humour at rock bottom
38 > bargain prices, you interested?
39
40 Where's that guy located? If it's not too far away, I might stop
41 by and see what he's got to offer in detail.
42
43 > on second thoughts, /me wonders if I might not be in Michael's killfile
44 > by now...
45
46 Why should you? You've shown that you can be helpful, and just
47 because of one (unintended, as you said) flame bait, you haven't
48 yet "earned" a position in my killfile.
49
50 Michael
53 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list