From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Eth0 interface not found - udev
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 04:11:40
1 On Sun, Apr 07, 2013 at 10:30:10AM -0600, Joseph wrote
2
3 > In my opinion this new udev-200 naming port is a big screw-up; I
4 > wouldn't be surprised if few months down the road we will go back
5 > to old naming because of misunderstandings.
6
7 Some time ago, after udevd was subsumed into the systemd tarball,
8 firmware loading was screwed up by the udev/systemd team. They insisted
9 that the old way was "wrong", and only their "new and improved" method
10 of loading firmware was to be used. Here we go again. How long before
11 they create more problems?
14 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
15 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications