From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] HAL permissions? (k3b sees no device at all)
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 01:06:01
1 Hi,
2
3 while installing my 64bit Gentoo on base on the configuration
4 of 32bit system I came across the problem, that k3b did not
5 see any devices.
6
7 HAD was running, butL: When "hal-devices" was executed as user "no
8 devices found" (none! not single!) was reported, while executing the
9 same command as root works fine. With strace I found that this was
10 due to permissions problems dbus has.
11
12 I "fixed" this by removing a section (found by diffing a
13 configuration of and old but working version of dbus) from
14 /etc/dbus-1/system.conf, without really knowing the impact.
15
16 Now "hal-devices" also reports to a normal user.
17
18 I added both system.conf files for your information to this email.
19
20 "org.system.conf" is the file, which was originally installed and
21 which does not work. "system.conf" is the hacked one, which work,
22 but which may do other things (currently unkonw to me) things wrong.
23
24 What is the correct way to fix permission problems
25 (or access rights) in conjunction with dbus the correct way?
26
27 Thank you for your help in advance!
28
29 Best regards,