From: "Martin Jürgens" <newsmartin@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] UDEV doesn't respect GROUPS directive for dvd/hdc
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 17:08:21
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 I'm having some trouble with the following udev rule for my dvdrw drive:
4
5 KERNEL=="hdc", NAME="hdc", GROUP="dvdrw", MODE="0660"
6
7 I placed it in /etc/udev/rules.d/10-udev.rules and applied it using
8 udevstart.The result is the following device node:
9
10 brw-rw---- 1 root root 22, 0 3. Nov 16:46 /dev/hdc
11
12 The group has obviously not been set correctly. The rest of the rule
13 works fine which I checked by trying NAME="bogus", and different mode
14 settings. The owner can also be changed without any trouble by
15 specifying OWNER="martin".
16
17 I started messing around with this in order to have members of the group
18 "dvdrw" be able to play DVDs with "mplayer dvd://1".
19
20 I'm using "udev-070-r1".
21
22 Can anyone verify this ? I'm starting to think it might be a bug, though
23 I dare not speak it out loudly as I'm somewhat n00b.
24
25 Regards & Thanks for reading
26
27 Martin