From: Anthony Metcalf <Anthony.Metcalf@×××××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: "emerge -DuvatN world" doesn't show all upgradeable packages
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 10:44:28
1 Michael Schmarck wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >> On Tuesday 08 April 2008, Michael Schmarck wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> Connected question: How do I quickly find all the packages that
8 >>> got installed as a dependency, but which are no longer needed,
9 >>> because the dependent package got removed (as an example, I'd
10 >>> like to find kde-i18n, because that used to be a dependency of
11 >>> kde-meta and kde-meta is no longer installed).
12 >>>
13 >> emerge --depclean
16 > thanks. 200 some packages, which would be removed. Quite a
17 > lot.
18 >
19 > After removing stuff, a revdep-rebuild should be done, shouldn't
20 > it?
21 >
22 > Michael
25 Yup :) I would also recommend removing packages by hand.....I won't go
26 into detail, but last time I didn't do that, it took me two weeks to
27 recover!