From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Organising btrfs subvolumes
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 11:51:44
1 On Tue, 27 May 2014 07:38:01 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > Snapshotting hourly would mostly be a convenience - in theory it
4 > should get you time-machine-like functionality just like hourly
5 > backups would, but with far less overhead and space use.
6 >
7 > In practice I stopped doing this, as btrfs can misbehave when you
8 > start getting a lot of snapshots accumulated (we're talking
9 > thousands).
10
11 I've read that too. I'm looking at doing a kind of round robin thing
12 where a script makes a snapshot and then deletes the oldest one.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 ... "I'm simply not a nice girl", she whispered tartly.