From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Plasma teething problems - Part II
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 22:39:36
1 On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 21:54:20 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > >>> 'Selected' packages are slated for removal.
4 > >>> 'Protected' and 'omitted' packages will not be removed.
5 >
6 > I need to find a different solution ...
7
8 The solution I opted for was to create a kde5 set containing the apps I
9 wanted, then emerge -n @kde5.
10
11 Then it was just a case of running emerge -cp to see if there was
12 anything else I needed to add to the set before depcleaning in anger.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when he is in
19 trouble again