From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recent 'breakage' of kernel module auto-loading?
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 16:35:11
1 On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 11:04 AM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > For months I've been using apps that need the tun and fuse kernel modules,
3 > and I've never needed to modprobe those two modules until about a week ago.
4 > The modules were loaded automagically when those apps started up. (I never
5 > understood how that happened, BTW.)
6 >
7 > Suddenly those two apps won't start until I manually load those kernel
8 > modules first. Anyone else seeing this new behavior?
9
10 Yeah, months and months ago. I didn't gave much thought to the matter,
11 I just created /etc/modules-load.d/fuse.conf, with the single line
12 "fuse" (don't use tun).
13
14 That works with systemd, but I think they were thinking in adding
15 support for modules-load.d in OpenRC.
16
17 Regards.
18 --
19 Canek Peláez Valdés