From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to grant a CAP_NET_RAW capability to user?
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 19:40:04
1 On 2013-12-10, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > How do you grant a capability (e.g. CAP_NET_RAW) to a user?
4
5 After more googling, I found this page which describes exactly what
6 I'm trying to do:
7
8 https://github.com/constanze/GSoC2010_Gentoo_Capabilities/wiki/pam_cap-on-gentoo
9
10 Except it doesn't work: after modifying /etc/pam.d/system-auth and
11 /etc/security/capability.conf as indicated and logging out/in, pscap
12 shows no cap_net_raw for the user in question, and trying to run
13 programs that use RAW sockets fail:
14
15 socket: Operation not permitted
16 Error opening socket: Operation not permitted
17
18 I'm apparently missing something...
21 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Sign my PETITION.
22 at
23 gmail.com