From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] JFFNMS answer for Timothy
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:02:45
1 James -- Thank you -- that appears to be the course I will be following
2 -- thanks a bunch
3
4 TIM
7 Timothy A. Holmes
8 IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
9
10 Medina Christian Academy
11 A Higher Standard...
12
13 Jeremiah 33:3
14 Jeremiah 29:11
15 Esther 4:14
16
17 > -----Original Message-----
18 > From: news [mailto:news@×××××××××.org] On Behalf Of James
19 > Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:07 PM
20 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
21 > Subject: [gentoo-user] JFFNMS answer for Timothy
22 >
23 > Hello Timothy
24 >
25 > Sorry for not directly answering your post, but Gmane.org is confused
26 > today,
27 > as your request will not let me reply (Nothing you have done, just a
28 snafu
29 > with Gmane.org).
30 >
31 > Question (from Timothy):
32 > I am trying to install JFFNMS, as part of its dependancies, it wants
34 > install php4.4.2, however the computer already has PHP5 installed and
35 > running nicely.
36 > Is there a way to install JFFNMS without installing php4 and have it
37 use
38 > php5 properly?
41 > The very end of the web page
42 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~angusyoung/docs/jffnms/docs/jffnms.html
43 >
44 > "You may also fall into problems configuring Apache to work with PHP
45 > (specially
46 > if you run both PHP4 and PHP5 in the same system). In that case, our
47 guide
48 > "Configuring Apache to Work with PHP4 and PHP5" may give you some
49 help. It
50 > is
51 > available here: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/php/php4-php5-
52 > configuration.xml
53 > "
54 >
55 > What I did is put Jffnms on a system without php5, as a temporary work
56 > around, for now.
57 >
58 > If that does provide a solution for you, just refine your question and
59 > post
60 > again. If the documentation is not clear, go to bugs.gentoo.org
61 > and respond to Bug 125721 if you find the install information
62 inadequate.
63 >
64 > Also, I'll try to answer questions.
65 >
66 > hth,
67 > James
68 >