From: Bennet Gedan <bennet@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New Portage browser
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 23:53:33
1 Hi Arturo
2
3 On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 18:29 -0300, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman wrote:
4 > I've never found a program that would allow me to browse portage
5 > categories, then packages, showing in one window description,
6 > version, etc, etc.
7
8 you do know kuroo [1]?
9
10 It's very kde-ish, but (or because of that) does not provide any
11 functionality in console. It's not the tool i prefer. I used it some
12 time ago and i have to say it's a very ambitious project. Maybe you
13 could get some impressions for your own work from their website or even
14 help in the development of kuroo itself.
15
16 Regards
17 Bennet
18 -----
19 [1] http://kuroo.org/
22 A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer