From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE flags handling
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 17:18:48
1 140729 behrouz khosravi wrote:
2 > I just concurred my fear and jumped to installing gentoo!
3 ^ 'conquered' (smile) : 'concur' = 'agree'.
4 > So far so good!
5
6 Yes, it's not difficult, but it's a sort of initiation test.
7
8 > Before installing on my laptop and desktop,
9 > I am trying on virtual box and the system is running Fluxbox very good.
10
11 Yes, Fluxbox is less well-known than it should be : it's excellent.
12
13 > Now I am thinking about managing USE flags.
14 > What if I disable everything in the make.conf ( I mean USE="-*" )
15 > and gradually add the needed flags to package.use?
16
17 That's what I've done for years, but others will react in horror (smile).
18 It's ok, provided you check the use flags for applications,
19 whenever you emerge new versions : occasionally otherwise, it can hurt.
20
21 > I just want to expand my knowledge!
22
23 This is a very polite & friendly list with good advice available.
27 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
28 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
29 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca