From: Jarry <jarry@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] problem with xorg.conf for x700 mobile...
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 11:49:28
1 Hi,
2
3 I emerged xorg-x11 and ati-drivers, and now I'm trying to create
4 working xorg.conf for my laptop with x700 mobile radeon...
5 I have read "The X Server Configuration HOWTO", and tried:
6
7 # Xorg -configure
8
9 but it failed with message:
10 Symbol XAAGetPatternROP_PM from module /usr/lib/modules/drivers/
11 nsc_drv.o is unresolved!
12 Fatal server error:
13 Caught signal 11. Server aborting
14
15 I tried "semi-automatic" xorg.conf generation with xorgconfig,
16 but I really do not know what horizontal sync range should I use
17 (did not find anything about it in my notebook documentation).
18 I defined some default values and tried to start x-server,
19 but it failed with:
20
21 (EE) No devices detected
22 Fatal server error:
23 no screens found
24
25 I also tried:
26 # xorgcfg -textmode
27
28 It stops (waited 5min, then I Ctrl-C) while doing:
30 Module fglrx: vendor="FireGL - ATI Technologies Inc."
31 compiled for 6.8.0, module version = 8.21.7
32
33 I also tried aticonfig (or aticfc or something similar),
34 after that my notebook completely got frozen (no response
35 to keyboard, not possible to connect with ssh, so I
36 had to do a "hard reset").
37
38 What to do now? I really do not know how to write xorg.conf
39 from scratch. Or am I missing something? What is actually
40 proper way to get X11 working? Should I unmerge ati-drivers
41 and first start with "pure" X11?
42
43 Jarry
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list