From: Hartmut Figge <h.figge@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: you are stopping a boot service
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 14:14:01
1 Florian Philipp:
2 > Am 14.05.2011 07:39, schrieb Hartmut Figge:
3
4 >> i am always booting to a console and switch later to X using startx. Now
5 >> i have noticed a message appearing after typing the password:
6 >>
7 >> i5 login: ********
8 >> Password:
9 >> Last login: Sat May 14 06:58:55 CEST 2011 on tty1
10 >> * WARNING: you are stopping a boot service
11 >
12 > I guess there is something odd either in
13 > - /etc/pam.d
14 > - /etc/profile*
15 > - /etc/bash/bashrc
16 > - ~/.bashrc
17
18 :)
19
20 > - ~/.bash_profile
21 >
22 >> Same thing happens after switching from X to a console with e.g.
23 >> ctrl-altl-F2. Hm? :)
24 >
25 > Do you mean, every time you switch? Even if you do not log in?
26
27 Only after typing the password during login on a console. But that is
28 solved now thanks to your hint. :)
29
30 In the past there must have been a reason why i had added these lines to
31 my ~/.bashrc which i have now commented out:
32
33 ----- .bashrc -----
34 #if [ $TERM = "linux" ]
35 #then
36 # sudo /etc/init.d/consolefont restart > /dev/null
37 #fi
39
40 Hartmut
41 --