From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /dev/snd/seq access mode and permission
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 09:50:02
1 Am Fri, 17 Aug 2012 01:54:34 -0700
2 schrieb Cinder <cinder@××××××××××.com>:
3
4 > Hi, how do I make changes to permissions and access mode of device nodes persistent? At the moment I have to chown and chmod the /dev/snd/seq node every boot to make it accessible to my user. the other nodes are fine. Here's the output of ls -l /dev/snd/
5 >
6 > total 0
7 > drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 60 Aug 17 18:44 by-path
8 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 12 Aug 17 18:44 controlC0
9 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 11 Aug 17 18:44 hwC0D0
10 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 10 Aug 17 18:44 hwC0D3
11 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 9 Aug 17 18:44 hwC0D4
12 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 8 Aug 17 18:44 hwC0D5
13 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 7 Aug 17 18:44 pcmC0D0c
14 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 6 Aug 17 18:44 pcmC0D0p
15 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 5 Aug 17 18:44 pcmC0D1p
16 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 4 Aug 17 18:44 pcmC0D3p
17 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 3 Aug 17 18:44 pcmC0D7p
18 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 2 Aug 17 18:44 pcmC0D8p
19 > crw------- 1 root root 116, 1 Aug 17 18:44 seq
20 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 33 Aug 17 18:44 timer
21 >
22 > I need /dev/snd/seq to look look the others. I can't find the udev rule or configuration that creates these nodes. Many thanks for any consideration.
23
24 I have a hack for the same issue in my /etc/local.d/. A comment I put there
25 says this:
26
27 # this is caused by using devtmpfs, which creates nodes with root:root and 600;
28 # I believe this is fixed by udev upstream
29
30 So devtmpfs creates the device node before udev runs, but udev does not correct
31 the access permissions, which is however fixed by udev upstream (perhaps
32 already in ~arch?). Sadly I do not remember where I read this, but google should
33 be of help there.
34
35 HTH
36 --
37 Marc Joliet
38 --
39 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
40 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup