From: "Crístian Viana" <cristiandeives@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] synchronize portage files in a LAN
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 04:08:41
1 hi,
2
3 I have 7 computers in local network and I want them to have always the same
4 portage files (the ones synchronized with rsync). of course I can use
5 crontab to make them sync at a specific time but I'm wondering if there's a
6 better alternative. I saw a wiki page which says to create one local rsync
7 server and have the other 6 computers synchronize with it (by pointing the
8 SYNC variable to the local rsync server). but I also thought NFS could be
9 nice: I just have to sync one machine and everyone will always be
10 "synchronized".
11
12 what's the best approach for this case?
13
14 thanks!
17 Crístian Deives dos Santos Viana [aka CD1]