From: Jure Varlec <exzombie@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Disable the access to a defined memory area
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 10:09:37
1 On Monday 02 of July 2007 11:50:37 Pongracz Istvan wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > One of my partners has a problem in an existing motherboard.
5 >
6 > There are physical memory regions, which regions are buggy.
7 > I do not know, the memory module itself, or them motherboard, but if the
8 > kernel want to access to these region, it crashes.
9 >
10 > I would like to know, is there a solution to make a memory hole, which
11 > will be never addressed?
12 >
13 > The situation is similar, when the HDD has bad sectors and I cover them
14 > with a never-used-partition or file.
15 >
16 > I googled a while, before I wrote this email, but I have no result yet.
17 >
18 > Thank you,
19 > István
22 I think a boot parameter of the form