From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] libreoffice uses openssl?
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 01:30:09
1 Not long ago I started building my own libreoffice from their git repo
2 because I wanted to bisect a recent libreoffice bug in localc.
3
4 In the process of finding the bug I discovered that libreoffice ships its
5 own copy of openssl along with many other common opensource libraries.
6
7 The libreoffice team committed the heartbleed fix to their git repo a few
8 days ago, which got me thinking about why libreoffice needs ssl.
9
10 I'm thinking maybe for odbc, maybe webdav? I dunno because all I really
11 use is localc and I don't know anything about the other stuff.
12
13 Are the users of libreoffice-stable at risk from heartbleed? I don't
14 know enough to judge, but I worry about it.