From: Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo-2.6.20 vs iptables
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 05:26:08
1 On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 16:59:31 -0400
2 "A. R." <feoymalo@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > Howdy,
5 > >
6 > > This is just a FYI, after upgrading my kernel to 2.6.20, my firewall
7 > > was broken. I was using firestarter but had the same problem
8 > > trying to use guarddog. Traced it down to missing the iptables
9 > > state module. There could have been other modules missing,
10 > > but I just enabled building them all and that solved my problem.
11 > >
12 > > So when you upgrade your kernel, you may want to check:
13 > >
14 > > Networking
15 > > Networking options
16 > > Network packet filtering framwork
17 > > Core Netfilter Configuration
18 > >
19 > > and build as modules all the Netfilter Xtable support modules
20 >
21 > Thanks for the heads up.
22 >
23 > - AR
26 Hi,
27 Try rebuilding 'iptables' (maybe with 'extensions' USE-flag).
28 Too lazy to check the ebuild ;) but remember iptables (sometimes ?) uses
29 kernel source (/usr/src/linux) to build.
30 HTH. Rumen
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list