From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] MailScanner: caught SIGTERM, aborting
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 09:09:50
1 Hi,
2 For whatever reason I can not stop/start MailScanner cleanly:
3
4 # /etc/init.d/MailScanner stop
5 * Stopping MailScanner...
6 * MailScanner: caught SIGTERM, aborting
7
8 # /etc/init.d/MailScanner start
9 * WARNING: MailScanner has already been started
10
11 Actually, MailScanner stops, but sendmail which has been
12 started by MailScanner init script is still there running:
13
14 # ps -e | grep sendmail
15 18676 ? 00:00:00 sendmail
16 18679 ? 00:00:00 sendmail
17
18 Even whenn I killall sendmail, I still get the above mentioned
19 warning, and can not start MailScanner. And that is a problem,
20 because MailScanner is restarted every hour (to prevent eating
21 all resources). I checked /var/run and /var/lock, there is
22 no trace of MailScanner or sendmail running, yet I can not
23 re-start Mailscanner. How can I fix this problem?
24
25 Jarry
29 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
30 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.