From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] apache: what could cause "graceful restart requested"?
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 16:14:44
1 Hi,
2 I just noticed my apache-uptime is just a few hours.
3 Actually, I have found my web-server has been restarted
4 today at ~03:10 UTC. I have found this message in
5 /var/log/apache2/error-log
6 ---
7 [Wed Aug 03 03:10:01 2011] [notice] Graceful restart requested,
8 doing restart
9 ---
10
11 What could have caused this? BTW I noticed all apache logs
12 have been rotated exactly at this time. Is that a reason
13 why apache was restarted? I never noticed it...
14
15 Jarry
19 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
20 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.