From: alain.didierjean@××××.fr
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] undetected DVD r/w device SOLVED
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 16:28:29
1 Selon alain.didierjean@××××.fr:
2
3 > Selon Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
4 >
5 > > On Saturday 11 September 2010 17:01:29 alain.didierjean@××××.fr wrote:
6 > > > Selon Stéphane Guedon <stephane@××××××××××.eu>:
7 > > > > Le Monday 06 September 2010 17:11:17, alain.didierjean@××××.fr a écrit
8 > :
9 > > > > > Selon Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>:
10 > > > > > > On 6 Sep 2010, at 09:55, alain.didierjean@××××.fr wrote:
11 > > > > > > > For some unknown reason, my DVD r/w device is not detected as
12 > such
13 <snip>
14 > > > > So, you're not using the latest drivers (scsi emultation of ata hdd)...
15 >
16 > > >
17 > > > I use <*> ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support (DEPRECATED) ---> in Device Drivers
18 > as
19 > > > I've done in the past, and it used to work fine
20 > >
21 > > Deselect that which is deprecated and will be removed soon and select the
22 > > appropriate SCSI drivers for your drives. There's been a few messages on
23 > > this
24 > > list explaining how to go about it.
25 >
26 > Done. Works both for cdrom unit and old IDE disk, whch now are know as sr0
27 > (ex hda) and sdc (wax hdc). cdrecord --checkdrive says
30 > But that silly k3b returns
31 > No optical drive found.
32 > K3b did not find any optical device in your system.
33 > Solution : Make sure HAL daemon is running, it is used by K3b for finding
34 > devices.
35 > and on the terminal
36
37 Finally solved, a matter of permissions for cdrecord and cdrdao, as explained in
38 /usr/share/doc/k3b-2.0.0/PERMISSIONS.bz2. I've been fooled by this stupid error
39 message. Thanks to all who helped,
42 ~adj~