From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] thin-provisioning-tools - but I don't provision anything!!!!!
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 17:57:03
1 Hi all,
2 I posted about a nasty infection my machine had with three versions of
3 Ruby a few days ago. In the process of trying to fix that I noticed a
4 thingy called "thin-provisioning-tools". I don't have anything thin and
5 I don't provision anything so why I ask?
6
7 From what I've been able to understand, it's something to do with
8 Device Mapper, snapshots and "many virtual devices to be stored on the
9 same data volume". This is all just jibberish to me and I have no idea
10 as to why this has suddenly appeared in my world update. I haven't asked
11 for it. I don't use any of the "more advanced" thingies such as lvm2 etc
12 so does anyone have any idea as to why I've now go this to install?
13
14 Back to Ruby killing now,
15 Andrew