From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Devicekit - especially just for Dale
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 22:48:54
1 pk wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 >> entirely removing hal in favour of DeviceKit.
8 > Xorg is removing HAL support; as of xorg-server-1.8 HAL is no longer
9 > used. http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Nzc2Mw
10 >
11 > Devicekit will not replace HAL entirely:
12 > http://www.x.org/wiki/XorgHAL
13 >
14 > Btw, devicekit has been renamed to udisks.
15 > http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Nzc2NA
16 >
17 > Best regards
18 >
19 > Peter K, lurking HAL-hater...
23 Well can they at least settle on a name? I read something about udisks
24 the other day but no idea it was even related to hal's replacement. I
25 don't care what they call it as long as it works well and is easy to
26 configure the thing.
27
28 Stop lurking and just join me. lol
29