From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Puzzled about --depclean
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 17:07:13
1 On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 8:36 AM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I just ran "emerge -p --depclean" and the only thing it wants to remove is
3 > gentoo-sources-2.6.35-r12.  So my system's pretty clean, but I'm quite
4 > puzzled with this result.
5 >
6 > I have 5 versions of gentoo-sources installed, and the one it wants to ditch
7 > is the one I'm actually using.  I can understand why it wouldn't care about
8 > that, but why not:
9 >    2.6.31-r10 which is no longer in the tree
10 >    any of the others, which are marked in exactly the same way as the
11 >       victim it picked?  Some are older, and some are newer than this
12 >       victim.  What gives?
13 >
14 > I'm just wondering about how --depclean picked on this one of the five?
15 > --
16 > Kevin O'Gorman, PhD
19 Look in /var/lib/portage/world and see if you are protecting the
20 versions you think it should be cleaning but it isn't.
21
22 Hope this helps,
23 Mark