From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Accessing a Samsung phone and it's data.
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 17:17:23
1 Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > On 2019-07-30 22:44, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I wonder, if I bought a bluetooth USB thingy and put that on my puter,
5 >> would that help any? Since I hooked up my wifi router and it uses
6 >> that, would that help? Or is the USB cable directly connected the best
7 >> way?
8 > I have a USB to BT adaptor. It's worse than paperweight: I could never
9 > make it work on gentoo, or any other kind of Linux. I think it might be
10 > like the infamous Winmodems of old, requiring a proprietary driver to do
11 > anything at all.
15 Thanks for sharing that.  I'll cross that off my buy list, permanently.
16 I got enough stuff that don't work right around here already.  No need
17 spending money to have more of it.  ;-)
18
19 Dale
20