From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] CUPS: Need help setting up my parallel port printer
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 18:26:30
1 We got a new printer today. It's the same model as our old printer, so it
2 should work, right? I followed the Gentoo Printing Guide up to the point
3 where one sets up the printer in the CUPS administrative interface. It
4 does not offer me a parallel port choice for the device. My kernel is
5 built with parallel port support and I have modprobed parport and
6 parport_pc:
7
8 catherine ~ # lsmod | grep parport
9 parport_pc 32868 0
10 parport 26696 1 parport_pc
11
12 And dmseg is aware of the printer:
13
14 catherine ~ # dmesg | grep -i print
15 parport0: Printer, EPSON Stylus C88
16
17 But on the CUPS interface, I can choose from
18
19 AppSocket/HPJetDirect
20 Backend Error Handler
21 HP Printer (HPLIP)
22 Internet Printing Protocol (http)
23 Internet Printing Protocol (ipp)
24 LPD/LPR Host or Printer
25 SCSI Printer
26 Serial Port #1
27
28 but no parallel port. It used to be on there. How can I get it back, or
29 is parallel port called something else now?
34 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list